-

Discover Seoul #03: Anam dong- Where I live, eat and meet

It is October 11th already and I expected (cold) fall weather. But instead, it is still over 20°C and I really enjoy this nice summer weather. What I like about Seoul and especially the Anam Street, where I am living right now, is that I never have to worry about what to eat. With more than 100 restaurants and cafés in the quarter, I have the choice of employment: Korean food, Korean Chinese food, curry, pizza or pasta places or burgers. My favourite? Korean barbecue for sure! And I only need at most 10 minutes to all these restaurants! Even my university is only 10 minutes by walk. That seems to be really comfortable and I really like to keep my life on like this. hahahha




Cosmetics shops everywhere! In front of my dorm, there is "Etude House", the pink shop and I always can hear the loud music in my room. By the way: The cosmetic shops always close at 11pm. Anyway, I´ve never been shopping that late in Germany and I love it! :D



Really funny that there are deliveries from McDonald´s. It´s next to my dormitory. Maybe I should order something if I am too lazy to go out. But I hate the food there. So, I would never do it. And yeah: They have spicy burgers.






That is the view when I go out of my dormitory and look to the right. Do you see all the cables at the top? I was really scared about that.


One of the most important services, Korea has got, are the convenience stores "Seven 11", "C4U" and others. If I am too lazy to go to the supermarket, I make a little shopping there. But it is more expensive than to go to a normal supermarket, of course.



My dormitory: It starts at the 4th floor and on the 7th floor there is the kitchen. I really like the kitchen. When I first searched for the dorm, I really couldn´t find it because I espected something else. But it looks nicer and more comfortable inside than it looks like from the outside. The restaurant in our dorm is also really recommendable. Anyways, I can smell the food every day in my room and I like it. hahahah


Everybody loves DAISO, including me! It is similiar to an 1€-shop but their sortiment is much better! And you can buy (for Western people) crazy stuff there like shampoo paper, a paper which turns into shampoo when you drop some water on it. Now I can understand all the Koreans who were really disappointed about the German 1€-shops! I would never go shopping there in Germany.




 Do you see it? "Garten Bier"? They always make those funny mistakes and I am not sure if it is on purpose. And "Cafe school" shall represent a German café...
...But please, do not use the Google translator for translating any Korean text into German! I laughed when I read this and cannot count how many mistakes there are.


Always when I have class at 2pm and don´t eat lunch with my friends or the KUBA (Korea University Buddy Assistants) members, these crossroads get on my nerves because I always have to hurry up to go there. Wating at the traffic lights there, takes so much time and I wished I could cross the streets like in Vietnam. Yeah, I know that I only need 10 minutes to get to the Business buildings.




My favourite bread shop but why are the best "sandwiches" always sold out when I arrive? 






Where I have my "Korean Speaking" course.





Korea University- main gate. Last time, the KUBA members ordered Chinese food to the campus and we ate it on the meadow.




I´ve already been there 5 times and it is Japanese food. Good that it is only 2 minutes walk from my dorm.

Emart, I love you! Emart is comparable with the supermarket "Kaufland" in Germany but a bit bigger. The straws with some sweet things inside are so fancy. I tried "Vitamin C Yogurt" and it is so fun to drink milk with it. Nutella is so expensive :// 6,600 Won are 4.70€. 


I was a bit lazy taking photos of my uni and will show you some more and beautiful places on campus later.

CONVERSATION

7 Kommentare:

  1. Gibt es dort eig. Nur huebsche koreaner oder koreanerinnen? Bzw. Wurdest du auch mal auf ein date von einem koreaner eingeladen? :D sorry aber wuerde mich mao interessieren haha

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hallo! Ich finde man kann das nicht pauschalisieren. Koreaner sind auch nur normale Menschen und es ist doch klar, dass es nicht nur huebsche Koreaner und Koreanerinnnen wie in den ganzen K-Dramas gibt. Zumal die Schauspieler alle zu 100% operiert sind. Und besonders in der Gegend von Gangnam und der Korea University sind über die Hälfte der Frauen operiert. Die andere Frage kann ich dir gerne bei bei Fb beantworten, falls ich dich kenne :P

      Löschen
  2. I wanna visit Korea so much some day.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yeah :D It´s so beautiful here! Love Korea so much hihi

      Löschen
  3. Es sieht alles so schön aus, da wird mein Wunsch noch größer mal nach Korea zu fliegen :)

    Liebe Grüße, Chi Chi
    www.saranghaeyeu.blogspot.de

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ich kann es nur empfehlen! Korea kann man nur nach dem ersten Blick lieben :)

      Löschen
  4. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you for your comment.

Back
to top